Section A (22.5 marks)
Directions: In this section，you will hear six conversations between two speakers. For each conversation, there are several questions and each question is followed by three choices marked A, B and C. Listen carefully and then choose the best answer for each question.
You will hear each conversation TWICE.
When will the magazine probably arrive?
A. Wednesday. B. Thursday. C. Friday.
The answer is B.
1. What will the woman do first?
A. Take a shower. B. Go camping. C. Set up a time.
2. When will the man probably call the woman?
A. Thursday. B. Friday. C. Sunday.
3. What is the man going to do?
A, Have a coffee break. B. See a doctor. C. Buy a pet.
4. What happened to the man?
A. He fell ill. B. He lost his dog. C. He slept badly.
5. What is the woman?
A. A bus driver. B. A waitress. C. A tour guide.
6. What does the man want to get?
A. Some gifts. B. A menu. C. A bus schedule.
7. What did the man do yesterday?
A. He saw a movie. B. He watched TV.
C. He visited some friends.
8. What time will the speakers probably meet this Saturday evening?
A. At 6:30. B. At 7:00. C. At 7:30.
9. Which of the following will the man buy?
A. Some drinks. B. A birthday cake. G. Concert tickets.
10. What is the woman doing now?
A. She is serving a customer.
B. She is conducting an interview.
C. She is doing some recording.
11 .When does the man go to the nursing home?
A. Tuesdays. B. Thursdays. C. Sundays.
12. Where will the man probably be working next Monday?
A. At the airport nearby.
B. In the studio next door,
C. At the store downtown.
13. Why does the woman call the man?
A. The oven doesn’t work.
B. The heater won’t start.
C. The plug is broken.
14. Who will handle the problem first tomorrow evening?
A. The woman. B. The man. C A worker.
15. Who is the woman speaking to?
A. Her husband. B. Her house owner. C. Her boss.
Section B (7.5 marks)
Directions: In this section, you will hear a short passage. Listen carefully and then Jill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
You will hear the short passage TWICE.
Voice Mail form kelly Black
1.Call Mr.Brown to 16 the appointment time
2.E-mail the staff members about next week’s 17
3.Ask the repairman to fix the broken 18 in the office
4.Give a list of all the empolyees to the 19 owner
5.Take 20 on the desk to the post office
Section A (15 marks)
Directions: For each of the following unfinished sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and IX Choose the one that best completes the sentence.
The wild flowers looked like a soft orange blanket the desert,
A. covering B. covered C. cover D. to cover
The answer is A.
21.Children，when by their parents, are allowed to enter the stadium.
A. to be accompanied B. to accompany
C. accompanying D. accompanied
22. If Mr. Dewey _____ present, he would have offered any possible assistance to
the people there.
A. were B. had been G. should be D. was
23.____your own needs and styles of communication is as important as learning to
convey your affection and emotions.
A. Understanding B. To be understood
€. Being understood D. Having understood
24. As John Lennon once said，life is_____ happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
25. — I’ve prepared all kinds of food for the picnic.
—Do you mean we_____ bring anything with us?
A. can’t B. mustn’t C. shan’t D. needn't
26； You will never gain success you are fully devoted to your work*
A. when B. because C. after D. unless